ENROLLMENT / REGISTRATION PROCEDURES
REGISTRAR: Maggie Straight
FAX: (please call 925.268.8201 for assistance)
PLEASE NOTE: Due to statewide campus closures, the registrar's office is available by email only at this time. Enrollment forms may be downloaded through the link below. Please print and return to us by email (email@example.com) and please be sure to include your email address on your enrollment forms.
If you are unable to email your enrollment forms, or have further questions, please call or text 925.268.8201 for assistance.
You must live in the Freedom boundary area before you can start the registration process. Please check your attendance zone before submitting your packet: www.schoolworksgis.com/SL/LUHSD/schoollocator.html
**INCOMING FRESHMAN and INTRA-DISTRICT TRANSFERS: Please click here or use the link on the right for information specific to new 9th graders!!
Register My Student (Mid-Year Registrations)
To register your student after the school year has begun, please pick up a registration packet from the Registrar’s office, and return it during drop-in hours with the documents listed below. ALL documents listed below must be included with your packet; incomplete packets will not be accepted. The registrar’s office is not able to request documents on your behalf.
- Completed registration packet
- Photocopy of student’s birth certificate or passport
- Photocopy of student’s full immunization records
- Photocopy of parent/guardian photo ID
- Photocopy of 2 forms of residency verification (see list at bottom of this page)
- Student’s IEP or 504 plan, if applicable (NO EXCEPTIONS)
If your student is currently enrolled in another high school, in addition to the documents listed above, you must also include the following documents with your registration packet:
- Student’s unofficial transcript, if transferring from another high school (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Student’s exit grades, if transferring from another high school mid-year (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Student’s withdrawal form, if transferring from another high school
Once you return your completed packet, an enrollment appointment will be set for you and your student. A parent/legal guardian must attend appointment with student, and student should be prepared to have student ID photo taken at the end of appointment. Please plan on an hour for the appointment, which will include a brief orientation, a meeting with his/her counselor to set up their class schedule, and when possible, a brief tour of the campus.
**DOWNLOAD ENROLLMENT PACKET AND COURSE REQUEST FORM HERE: CLICK HERE FOR FORMS
Enrollments Requiring District Approval
LUHSD review and approval are required prior to enrollment / re-enrollment for any of the following circumstances:
- Students returning from a court ordered placement of Department of Juvenile Justice facility
- Students who have previously been expelled
- Students severely behind in credits
- Students who have missed more than one semester of high school
- Students who have been home schooled
Acceptable Residency Verification Documents
To ensure each school attendance area serves its area residents, the District requires verification of each student’s home address. The District may deem it necessary to further verify a child’s legal residence with a home visit by school officials. If a child is determined not to reside at the address claimed, parents will be required to register the child immediately at the school/district that corresponds with the actual address of the child. In accordance to AR 5111.1, you must live in the Freedom boundary area before you can start the registration process. Click here to check your attendance zone: www.schoolworksgis.com/SL/LUHSD/schoollocator.html
To verify residency, the District requires 3 forms of documentation from the list below: