Name: Ms. AhnClasses: English 2 & 3Email: email@example.comClassroom: B-209
I grew up in Northern California and earned my Bachelor's Degree in English at UCLA. After completing my teaching credential program, I went on to earn my Master's Degree in Education at UC Davis. I started teaching English in 1999 and have been teaching it ever since. I love collaborating with other teachers to help students succeed! In my spare time, I enjoy traveling, wake boarding, and snow skiing.
I sent the zoom link to access these classes through email addresses in Aeries. The zoom links can also be found in Canvas.
CLASS ZOOM HOURS
Periods 2/6: 9:50-10:50 am
Periods 3/7: 11:10 am-12:10 pm
Periods 4/8: 12:50-1:50 pm
PLEASE USE YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME AS YOUR USERNAME IN ZOOM. IF I DO NOT RECOGNIZE THE NAME AS ONE OF MY CURRENT STUDENTS, I WILL NOT ADD YOU TO THE CLASS.
When you first join the class, it will place you in a waiting room until I add you to the class. This is done to prevent random people from disrupting the class. If you are not added to the class within 5 minutes, please email me.
Distance Learning Expectations:
- Names should be written FIRST LAST (Nickname).
- Test audio and visual before class.
- Be prepared and on time for class.
- Only students on class roster may attend.
- Mute audio upon entry to class and when not speaking. This minimizes unnecessary noise to group.
- Follow class “norms”.
- Have camera on for attendance.
- Use a designated work space; minimize noise and distractions.
- Use an appropriate background.
- Wear appropriate clothing as you would if physically with the class (follow school dress code).
- Use appropriate language when writing and speaking.
- Avoid speaking over others. Use wait time before speaking to avoid interrupting others.
- Pay attention and avoid multi-tasking. Treat the zoom class as though you were physically attending class.
NOTE: If expectations are not followed, you may be removed and an administrator contacted.
All work will be submitted through canvas for your specific class period. Do NOT email me your assignments or pictures of your assignments (I will not grade them). I am anticipating a bit of a learning curve when it comes to submitting work at the begining of the year, so do not stress if you struggle to get you work submitted to the right place initially. This is a new process for us all, and we will learn how to do it the right way together.