All Paperwork must be submitted in the link below to be cleared for outdoor workouts and tryouts.
Medical Clearance Forms:
**All Physicals must be dated AFTER June 1, 2020 for the upcoming school year.
***PLEASE READ RECENT UPDATE BELOW***
Hello Freedom Volleyball Families, we are currently doing outdoor workouts/training for both the boys and girls program of all levels. If you are interested to join our workouts, below is what is required to participate.
Listed below are the steps to follow:
1. MANDATORY - Print and sign the Camp Protocal Acknowledgement Liability Form <--Click to print and bring with you to workout session. This is the only form I will collect from you)
2. Register - www.athleticclearance.com - <-- See upper left tab for link or visit www.athleticclearance.com
3. Medical Form/Physical - Medical Form <-- click to open and print
Medical Clearance -All those participating in workouts and try-outs must complete a medical release form with a signature by a physician or chiropractor dated after June 1, 2020. If you are unable to get into your regular doctor at this time, Miller Chiropractic is seeing Freedom students on a walk in basis for physicals on Tuesday and Thursday from 10am - 1pm for a $20. If you have concerns with the fee please speak to me privately.
3638 Delta Fair Blvd
Antioch, CA 94509
4. Upload completed Medical Forms (Physcial) on online Athletics Clearnace - save original form until you have been cleared
5. Notify me once all steps are completed and I will confirm your clearance. Do not turn in your physical form to me or any other FHS staff member everything must be uploaded in Athletic Clearances.
6. Sign up for Remind (download Remind on your phone, register and request class) Most current information will be communicated through this application. This is where I will inform you of any cancellation and students/parents can message me with any questions.
- Girls Volleyball:
Text Number: 81010
Class Code: @gvball2021
- Boys Volleyball:
Text Number: 81010
Class Code: @bvball2021
Once all of the above is completed the athlete will be cleared by AD Mrs. Torres. You will receive an email confirmation of his/her clearance. If there is a problem I will contact the student/parent to let you know what is missing. Once cleared below is a list of items needed for our sessions.
Here is a list of required and/or optional equipment needed:
- Face Mask - Mandatory
- Hand sanitizer
- Yoga Mat/Towel
- Gym towel - to wipe sweat off and use for skills drills
- Volleyball - to use outside not an expensive one (volleyballs will not be provided due to COVID protocal rules)
- 5/8lbs weights - Optional
- Empty water bottles filled with sand
- Knee Pads - Old for outdoor use (used for drills)
Other important information:
The workouts/training ware going to be 2 days per group. The Girls will attend on Monday's and Wednesday from 6-7:30pm and Boys will attend Tuesday's and Thrusday's from 6-7:30pm. There will will be 3 groups each consisting of 12 and a coach. Players are not allow to switch groups or attend other days. If he/she misses a day there is no make up days. We must remain in the same group for due to COVID Protocol rules and tracing. There is no shared equipment, no player/player contact, no player coach contact, and social distancing will be required. Athletes will wear their masks while training. They will be allowed to step aside if need to remove thier mask for more air and join the group when ready.
- Workout days are Girls - Monday 's and Wednesday's 6-7:30pm on the tennis courts.
Boys - Tuesday's and Thursday's 6-7:30pm on the tennis courts
- Outdoor Training - we will be in a shaded area.
- Attire - Shorts, T-shirt, athletic shoes (outdoor use), no tank tops, spaghetti strap, or cut off shirts.
- No spectators.
- No Shared Equipment
- Sign up for REMIND- Mandatory
Sport Reservation: Message me through Remind and I will reply confirming it. We can only take 16 players per coach and create groups to attend. Workouts will be held two days a week for each group.
Student athletes are required to keep a social distance and comply with all the rules. Failure to do so will result in dismissal of the day's workout. Please help everyone stay safe for us to continue with our training and have a successful season.
Girls and Boys - December 7, 2020
Do not turn these forms in to me. All forms must be uploaded. If you are having trouble please let me know and I can help you. The only form I will collect is the Summer Workout Authorization form if you haven't turned one in yet.
Lastly, attending these workouts does not guarantee a student athlete a spot on the team nor is it mandatory to attend.
Thank you and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Coach Liz Rivas