Track Team Goals, Contract & Commitment
This contact establishes the expectations of a Freedom High School Track & Field Team Athletes and the athlete’s commitment to Freedom HS track team. Track and field primarily completes as an individual sport; however, high school track has a team aspect that needs to be considered.
Freedom Track Athletes are expected and commit to the following:
1. TEAM GOALS - Work towards accomplishing track team goals and follow LUHSD & FHS athletic policies.
1. Track Team members are role models on campus and in the community
2. Academically achieving and involved in learning for themselves and others.
3. A positive attitude and 100% effort.
4. Serving and supporting the team, family, and the community.
5. NCS Academic recognition with a TEAM GPA of 3.0
1. Be prepared for practice/workouts every day; physically and mentally. This includes bring proper attitude and supplies, ie. Sweats, Shoes, Spikes & Flats, water, snacks, etc
2. Improve performance over the course of the season.
3. 4x100m and 4x400m Relay Team competes in every meet and wins dual meets.
4. Compete for a BVAL CHAMPIONSHIP
6. Qualify 10 Athletes for the NCS Meet of Champions in Berkeley
7. Qualify 1-2 athletes for CIF State Meet in Clovis
PRACTICE – Athletes must attend their scheduled track and field event practices. Training is an important part of any sport and athletes are expected to train and prepare for their competitions. Athlete’s that need to miss practice MUST communicate with their coach, PRIOR to the absence (email or text designated coach 24 hours in advance or a note will be required from teacher/doctor/parent) other wise it is considered unexcused. Friends telling the coach is NOT excused. Five  unexcused absences in the season will result in disciplinary action. Punctuality is vital, all unexcused tardies will be subject to disciplinary action,
· ALL BVAL LEAGUE DUAL MEETS – You are expected to attend from start to finish and help clean up.
League DUAL Meets are on Wednesdays 3:00 pm until approximately 7:00 pm:
Heritgage Mar 13th ; Pittsburg April 3rd ; Antioch April 10th ; Deer Valley April 17th ; Liberty April 24th· BVAL League Championships - April 29th , Sat May 4th.
· NCS Tri-Valley Area Meet - May 19th [if you qualify]
· NCS Meet of Champions - May 25th & 26th [if you qualify]
· CIF State Meet – Fresno, CA June 1st & 2nd [if you qualify]
†† Invitational and relay competitions are highly recommended if you qualify, but not required.
¥¥ Coach Briggs may excuse athletes from meets due to an academic activity or other commitment on a case by case bases.
TO RECEIVE YOU LETTER, AN ATHLETE MUST COMPETE IN THE BVAL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN THE TRAILS AND/OR FINALS.
3. PERSONAL GOALS & TRAINING LOGS - Complete Track Personal Goal’s Sheet and record all workouts in a Training Journal. Athletes may be asked to show coaches the journal from time to time.
4. OTHER ACTIVITIES - Participate in Track Team activities, such as but not limited to, Fundraisers, team meetings, track meet help, etc. Freedom hosts the middle school tri-meets and the Middle School Championship, & Marsh Creek Invitational and sponsors that Turkey Trot for School in November and other Run though out the year as fundraisers. Athletes are expected to help as much as possible. Middle School & USATF Meets count as community service hours.