New/Returning to Khan Academy:
1. Create an account / Sign up (Use your google account if you have one)
2. Green tab on the right, click on profile
3. Click on coaches
4. Add a coach and enter class code
5. Select an avatar
6. Clik on the Notification (bell)
Things to do in Khan Academy.
a. Assigned work by teacher
b. Start Algebra 1, Geometry or Algebra 2 Mission
c. Link Official SAT scores to Khan Academy. Students can link their Khan Academy accounts with the “College Board Official SAT” website by clicking here:
d. Click on "I haven't learned this" - Watch a video to learn the material!!
e. Click on "I'd like a Hint" - Very helpful and you still get points.
f. Click on "Stuck, Watch a video" - Do this if you need help or if you haven't learned it yet.
Visit Khan Academy OFTEN and log in so I can see your progress
Frequently Asked Questions.
1) If you forgot your password, click on "forgot password", it will email you a link to reset your password.
2) Click "HOME" if the page does not show "Currently working on Algebra 2..."
3) Click "RESUME"
4) On the right column of the page, there are skills suggested for you to practice (it is an individualized list). Pick any of the skills, you can start in any order.
5) Things to do: Click "PRACTICE". While on the skill, if you need help, ask for a "HINT" or "WATCH A VIDEO". If you forgot the material, that is how you will be able to re learn the material and to level up.
6) There are two levels before you can test for mastery. You need to "GET 5 CORRECT on a row" on each level before you can move up to LEVEL 1. After 16 hours, the system will allow you to test for LEVEL 2. After 16 hours, the system will allow you to test for MASTERY.
7) While you are waiting for the system to reset the 16 hours, PRACTICE another skill.
8) At my discretion, you will receive credit for attempting these skills. I get a report of your time spent and level status. More importantly, if you master a skill, it may count towards your quiz targets in class.