The Successful High School TransitionWhat can you do as a parent?
- Access Parent Portal often to check grades
- Communicate with teachers
- Check Daily Planner and encourage its usage for every period
- If your student has no homework in a class, encourage him/her to write “no Homework”
- For some students, have the teacher initial daily planner for accuracy.
- Use our weekly progress reports found in each SLC office
- Encourage your student to attend our after school HELP Club
- Encourage the utilization of Patriot Plus
- Have your student study in a visible area where you can ask him/her questions
- Encourage Involvement in clubs, sports, theatre or other school activities
- Be positive and supportive of your student’s needs
Freshmen Power Point Presentation - Helpful for all grade levels and parents!