Unit 6: Chemical Reactions
LT 6.1: Explain the relationship between balancing chemical equations and the law of conservation of mass.
01/28/2020 (A) and 01/29/2020 (B) SUB PLANS
- Introduction to Chemical Reactions/Equations: In class note sheet, stuidents were directed to read and summarize notes into their notebook (#16).
- Introduction to Balancing Equations: In class activity. Students used computers to complete worksheet. TURNED IN TO WIRE BASKET
- Conversion to Mass Introduction: Homework
01/30/2020 (A) and 01/31/2020 (B)
- Conservation of Matter Lab: In class lab
02/03/2020 (A) and 02/04/2020 (B)
- Balancing Equations PowerPoint Presentation: In class presentation, how to balance chemical reaction equations
- An Introduction to Balancing Equations: In class worksheet, finished for homework.
02/05/2020 (A) and 02/06/2020 (B)
- Summative 6.1 Study Guide (KEY)
- Balancing Equation Worksheet A (KEY): Worksheet, started in homework, assigned for homework
- Balancing Equation Worksheet B (KEY): Challenge version of worksheet. Recommended for advanced students.
LT 6.2: Apply the patterns seen in chemical reactions to predict the products and create chemical equations.
02/07/2020 (A) and 02/10/2020 (B)
- Types of Reactions Gallery Walk Note Sheet: Notesheet for reaction types and in class activity
- Types of Reactions Practice: In class worksheet
- Types of Reactions and Balancing: homework
02/11/2020 (A) and 02/12/2020 (B)
- Predicting Products PowerPoint Notes: In class PointPoint, students copied down slides 5 and 8
- Predicting the Products of Chemical Reactions: in class worksheet, half sheet
- Predicting Products for Synthesis & Combustion Reactions (KEY): homework
- Summative 6.2 Study Guide (KEY)
02/13/2020 (A) and 02/18/2020 (B)
- 6.2 Formative: In class practice test
- Predicting Products of Synthesis & Combustion Reactions B (KEY): In class worksheet
- Predicting Products of Synthesis & Combustion Reactions C (KEY): In class worksheet, challenge version