Unit 2: Heat & Energy in the Earth System
Unit 2 Learning Targets Breakdown of Unit 2's learning targets
LT 2.1: Solids, liquids, and gases have varying shapes and volumes based on the amount of particle motion. Particle motion and spacing is dependent on temperature/kinetic energy of these substance.
09/04 (A) and 09/05 (B)
- Unit 1 Goal Sheet & Reflection PowerPoint
- Unit 1 Goal Sheet & Reflection Worksheet
- Interpreting Data Notes and Practice (no key yet) In class notes and practice for upcoming common assessment
09/06 (A) and 09/09 (B)
09/10 (A) and 09/11 (B)
- Systems, Energy & Kinetic Molecular Theory PowerPoint
- Systems, Energy & Kinetic Molecular Theory Fill In Notes
- Phase Change Lab
- Systems and Energy half sheet (no key yet)
09/12 (A) and 09/13 (B)
09/16 (A) and 09/17 (B)
09/18 (A) and 09/19 (B)
09/20 (A) and 09/23 (B)
- Plate Tectonics In class notes and worksheet
- Study guide can be found on this website's test page.
09/24 (A) and 09/25 (B)
09/26 (A) and 09/27 (B)
LT 2.6: Calculate energy transfer using calorimetry.
LT 2.7: Use Specific heat and properties of heat transfer to explain variation in temperature.
10/14 (A) and 10/15 (B)
- Analyzing Temperature Data Directions for inclass activity
- Specific Heat Capacity Notes In class PowerPoint presentation
- Specific Heat Capacity Guided Notes
- Specific Heat Capacity Practice
10/16 (A) and 10/17 (B)
- Calorimeter Worksheet In class worksheet
- Calorimeter Design Project & Specific Heat Lab In class lab, 3 days long.
10/18 (A) and 10/21 (B)
10/22 (A) and 10/23 (B)
- Specific Heat Cat Worksheet
- Calorimetry Practice: Hard Specific Heat Worksheet
- 2.6 + 2.7 Study Guide (KEY)
10/24 (A) and 10/25 (B)