Needed Information for Enrollment
The registrar's office is most easily contacted by email, due to COVID-19 school closures. Registration packets may be downloaded through the link below or picked up at our front office. Return completed packets to our front office Mon-Fri 8am-3pm. Be sure to include your email address on your registration form. Registrar's email - firstname.lastname@example.org
INFO FOR INCOMING FRESHMAN (2021-2022)
Please read the following list carefully!! Completed registration packets must be returned IN PERSON Feb 1-5, 2021 to Liberty High School, Administration Building - B-01. We are not accepting electronic delivery of registration packets at this time. Please be sure ALL required documents listed below are included with your packet; incomplete packets will not be accepted. Please make photocopies as indicated below before coming to turn in your packet; we will not be able to make photocopies for you.
STUDENTS WITH APPROVED INTRA-DISTRICT TRANSFERS
If you have been approved for an intra-district transfer to Liberty High School you must complete a registration packet and course request form for Liberty High School and return these with all required documents to our main office Mon-Fri 8am-3pm with a copy of your approval letter. Your student is NOT automatically enrolled, and registration paperwork will not be transferred between schools.
REGISTRATION OF NEW 10th - 12th GRADE STUDENTS (2020-2021 or 2021-2022)
If your student is NEW to Liberty High School, please download a registration packet and course selection form (see link below) or pick one up from our front office, and return it with the documents listed below. ALL documents listed below must be included with your packet; incomplete packets will not be accepted.
- Completed registration packet - you MUST provide a legible parent email address
- Photocopy of student’s birth certificate or passport
- Photocopy of student’s full immunization records (all immunizations are still required during distance learning)
- Photocopy of parent/guardian photo ID
- Photocopy of 2 forms of residency verification (see list at bottom of this page)
- Student’s IEP or 504 plan, if applicable (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Student’s unofficial transcript, if they have attended any other high school (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Student’s exit grades from previous high school (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Student’s withdrawal form, if transferring from another high school
DISTANCE-LEARNING: Once you return your completed packet, you will receive notification BY EMAIL when your student's registration has been processed, with further online instructions for completing the final data confirmation. This step MUST be completed in order for your student to receive their class schedule.
ON-SITE CAMPUS ATTENDANCE: Once you return your completed packet, an enrollment appointment will be set for you and your student. A parent/legal guardian must attend appointment with student, and student should be prepared to have student ID photo taken at the end of appointment. Please plan on an hour for the appointment, which will include a brief orientation, a meeting with his/her counselor to set up their class schedule, and when possible, a brief tour of the campus.
**DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION PACKET AND COURSE REQUEST FORM HERE: Registration Documents
Grade Specific Course Request Sheets: (must be included with registration packet and supporting documents)
ENROLLMENTS REQUIRING DISTRICT APPROVAL
LUHSD review and approval are required prior to enrollment / re-enrollment for any of the following circumstances:
- Students returning from a court ordered placement of Department of Juvenile Justice facility
- Students who have previously been expelled
- Students severely behind in credits
- Students who have missed more than one semester of high school
- Students who have been home schooled
ACCEPTABLE RESIDENCY VERIFICATION DOCUMENTS
To ensure each school attendance area serves its area residents, the District requires verification of each student’s home address. The District may deem it necessary to further verify a child’s legal residence with a home visit by school officials. If a child is determined not to reside at the address claimed, parents will be required to register the child immediately at the school/district that corresponds with the actual address of the child. In accordance to AR 5111.1, you must live in the Liberty boundary area before you can start the registration process. Click here to check your attendance zone: www.schoolworksgis.com/SL/LUHSD/schoollocator.html
To verify residency, the District requires 3 forms of documentation from the list below: