Independence High School
1) Our classrooms are learning and study centers.
· Be respectful of everyone’s space and their right to a comfortable, peaceful and quiet environment.
· Use your time in our classrooms wisely and productively.
· Handle school textbooks, furniture and equipment responsibly.
· Cooperate with all staff and other school officials.
2) We strive to maintain a safe campus.
· Refrain from verbal or physical altercations.
· Wandering or loitering around campus is not allowed.
· Smoking or using other uncontrolled substances is prohibited.
· Bringing objects on campus that may be harmful to others is forbidden.
· Visitors are not allowed on campus without permission from the office.
3) The dress code is meant to promote a business atmosphere.
· Inappropriate, unsuitable clothing is not allowed at school, which includes gang related colors or symbols, disparaging titles or slogans, bare midriffs, low-cut revealing tops, short shorts/skirts, pants with gaping holes, exposed underwear or sagging pants.
· Hats are to be removed before entering the building.
4) Electronic devices/phones can be disruptive in our classrooms.
· Equipment will be confiscated if in use in the building.
· Bringing the items to school is at your own risk.
5) Students are expected to model good behavior in the community.
· Visiting other school campuses during school hours (or immediately before or after school) is not allowed.
· Loitering in parks and business areas during school hours is discouraged.
· Always represent our school with a polite, respectful and courteous attitude at all school and community events.