• IHS Students - Requesting Transfer

    Students wishing to return to their home campus, La Paloma, or other high schools in our district must meet the criteria for each location and receive approval from both the the administration at Independence and the transfer high school.
    IHS Students and parents may contact Ms. Abono by phone 925-634-2589 or by email abonos@luhsd.net to discuss their options.  They can also set up a phone call meeting with their teacher, counselor and parent to discuss which option is best for the student.  Once this meeting and process has been done, the transfer request form can be completed and submitted for review.

    LUHSD Students - Requesting Transfer to Alternative Education/Independence High School

    Parent/Guardian, please contact your student's counselor to request a transfer to IHS and complete the Alternative Education Transfer Request Application; and if approved by their administration, the counselor will then submit the request to transfer application to Principal Mr. Rognlien for his careful review and decision process. Parent/Guardian of a student with an IEP need to first contact the student's case manager.