Summer School Information 2020:
Summer School will be 100% online with our Edgenuity program. Many of our students have used this program in the past. Unfortunately, packet assignments are NOT available. If you need and already have a district issued technology device, please keep it throughout the summer. If you need technology, please contact our office. District teachers have been assigned to monitor, guide, support and grade student progress as students navigate through coursework.
If you have changed your mind and wish to have your student withdrawn from the Summer School program, please contact Mrs. Meraz by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Independence High School Office at (925) 634-2589.
Additional Important Information:
- The student will begin the course according to the dates on the schedule that was sent home.
- If the student has more than one course, he/she will receive two schedules enclosed.
- Student should work online outside of the scheduled times (minimum of 5 hours a day). Example: Scheduled class 8:30 – 11:30am, lunch break, then continue to work until 3:00pm. The more time put in, the more likely the student will be able to complete the course on time and/or early.
- The teacher is available and will monitor student sessions during the scheduled dates and times.
- The teacher’s district email contact information is provided on the student schedule. Once you are in the program, students may also contact teachers via the internal email system through Edgenuity.
Community Education Center / Independence High
(925) 634-2589, X1037
email@example.com Summer School Application (English)Solicitud para la escuela de verano 2020 (Español)