OPEN ENROLLMENT 2018 for the 2018-19 school year has ended.
Forms are available online [here] or at the District Office, Student Services building (Annex II).
Applications for intra-district transfer to a selected school of choice filed after the designated intra-district transfer window closes will be considered on a case-by-case basis and will not be subject to a random and unbiased selection process. Review of the applications will only take place if space remains available at the desired school and may or may not be considered prior to the start of the new school year. The District will try to accommodate late requests that present legitimate rationale, when possible, but a parent/guardian filing an intra-district transfer application after the normal February filing window should have no expectation of approval.
INTRA-district transfers are transfers between schools within the district.
Requests for Transfer will only be considered during the Open Enrollment period during the month of February for the following school year. Exceptions are for students who relocate during the school year.
If you would like to apply for an INTRA-district transfer request, you may do so by downloading it here or by picking up the form at the District Office (20 Oak Street, Brentwood).
The original, completed form must be turned in to the District Office. NO electronic copies or facsimiles will be accepted.
OPEN ENROLLMENT TIMELINE:
- requests are accepted February 1st through February 28th
- requests are reviewed
- if APPROVED - conditional approval letters will be mailed
- if DENIED - student must enroll with attendance boundary school. Appeals must be submitted within 10 days of date of denial.
- conditional approvals must be signed & returned to the district office, Student Services building
- families may contact the school and begin the enrollment process once in receipt of the parent (pink) copy of the approved INTRA
- decisions on requests will be final
If you have any questions regarding INTRA-district transfer requests, please call the District Office at (925) 634-2166 x 2021 or email the secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.