INTRA-district Transfer Requests
OPEN ENROLLMENT 2020 has ended.
Forms are here or at the District Office, Student Services building (Annex II).
Please NOTE : Liberty High School is at capacity for the 2020-21 school year.
Open Enrollment/Intra-district transfers applications for Liberty High School will only be approved as stipulated in LUHSD Board Policy 5116.1 "Enrollment Priorities."
See the timeline below for more information.OPEN ENROLLMENT TIMELINE:
- requests are accepted the whole month
- March / April
- requests are reviewed
- if APPROVED - conditional approval letters will be mailed
- if DENIED - student must enroll with attendance boundary school. Appeals must be submitted within 10 days of receipt of the denial.
- conditional approvals must be signed & returned to the district office, Student Services building by April 20th
(scan/email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- families who have returned the conditional approval by April 20th may contact the registrar via email starting April 22nd:
- Liberty HS (email@example.com) - Freedom HS (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Heritage HS (email@example.com)
- (pink) parent copy of the approved intra-district will be mailed out
- decisions on requests will be final
Forms for the current school year (2019-20) are available online [here] or at the District Office, Student Services building (Annex II).
Applications for intra-district transfer to a selected school of choice filed after the designated intra-district transfer window closes will be considered on a case-by-case basis and will not be subject to a random and unbiased selection process. Review of the applications will only take place if space remains available at the desired school and may or may not be considered prior to the start of the new school year. The District will try to accommodate late requests that present legitimate rationale, when possible, but a parent/guardian filing an intra-district transfer application after the normal February filing window should have no expectation of approval.
INTRA-district transfers are transfers between schools within the district.
Requests for Transfer will only be considered during the Open Enrollment period during the month of February for the following school year. Exceptions are for students who relocate during the school year.
If you would like to apply for an INTRA-district transfer request, you may do so by downloading it here or by picking up the form at the District Office (20 Oak Street, Brentwood).
The original, completed form must be turned in to the District OfficeIf you have any questions regarding INTRA-district transfer requests, please call the District Office at (925) 634-2166 x 2021 or email the secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.