Saturday, April 4, 2020
For those that were able to make our first “Zoom” meeting on Friday, it was truly GREAT to see you!! For those that were unable to attend, let me go over what you will need to know starting Monday.
- Work will primarily come from a central location for all world history classes. Since that was the decision, the majority of World History teachers wanted to start with WW II and the Holocaust. So, for us this first week’s work will be a review!
- To access the assignment go to the Freedom website. Under the image, you will see a column titled “announcements.” Click on the link that says “Online/Distance Learning.”
- All of your classes should start here. You will then click on the “Social Studies” icon and then go and click on WORLD HISTORY (not world studies).
- This is where you will find the assignment. To complete the assignment you will need to access your TCI textbook through Clever. There are directions on nearly every webpage! (Log in and password are the same-your student ID number).
- Online, complete the assignment (Read, Notebook, Lesson Game). I will access your work through TCI. If you are printing out your work because you cannot access TCI online then you will need to scan or take a picture and send to me. This is ONLY if you cannot access TCI website.
- I have also set up a new gmail just for turning in projects and extra communication! My new gmail email (for submitting projects) is: firstname.lastname@example.org My normal school email is: email@example.com
On Monday I will have a “Zoom” meeting from 1-2 pm to answer any questions you might have about accessing your work, as well as any questions about your project (please do me a favor and re read the directions from my website and read all the posts on REMIND before you ask).
Also, I will have “Zoom” office hours Tuesday and Thursday at the following times:
World Studies (periods 1,2,5,6)…………. 10:00-11:00 am
World History (periods 3,4,8) ……………. 1:00-2:00 pm
The district is still working and tweaking this distance learning and some things could change. I will let everyone know anything I find out that might change. I am also going to add enrichment activities to the mix!!
Mr. Rick Dunn
World History/World Studies