FREEDOM HIGH SCHOOL
SENIOR BULLETIN – 2014
Please read the following information regarding this year’s checking out of school and the graduation procedures. If you have any questions, please ask your class advisor or graduation coordinator. Senior advisors are Mrs. Bell and
Mr. Dodson. Graduation coordinator is Mr. Faulkner.
I. SPECIAL SENIOR EVENTS:
1. Awards Night – May 6, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.
2. Senior Ball – May 10, 2014
3. Senior Meeting – May 15, 2014 Advisory – Multi-Purpose Room (cap & gown delivery)
4. Senior Scholarship Night—May 22, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. – Multi-Purpose Room
5. Academy Awards Night – May 23, 2014
6. Senior Meeting – May 29, 2014 Advisory – Multi-Purpose Room (senior clearance sheets & tickets)
7. Senior Sunset – June 5, 2014
8. Graduation Practice—Thursday, June 5 at 10:35 a.m. (Freedom Stadium)
9. Senior Breakfast—Friday, June 6 at 9:00 a.m.
10. Graduation Practice—Friday, June 6 at 10:35 a.m. (Freedom Stadium)
11. Graduation—Saturday, June 7 at 9:30 a.m. (Freedom Stadium)
12. Grad Night Party—June 7
1. Ceremony: Graduation will be Saturday, June 7, 2014 at 9:30 a.m. in the Freedom Stadium. Graduates are to report at 8:00 a.m. sharp to your assigned line in the gym. All graduating seniors are encouraged to participate in the graduation ceremony however, it is not required. If you do not plan to participate in the ceremony, you should notify Mrs. Magner in the Principal’s Office so that other arrangements can be made to receive your diploma.
2. Class Speaker: A staff committee selects a graduating senior to be the graduation speaker. Speaker will be announced at a later date after auditions. Auditions will be April 24 at 3:15 p.m in H102. Speech should be no longer than 2—3 minutes. Rehearsal for all speakers TBD.
3. Dress for Graduation: Proper dress is as follows: Boys: Dress shirt. Dress slacks, socks and shoes. Girls: Dress shoes (no heels), dress, or skirt & blouse (no flowers on gowns). It is not necessary to wear a coat under the gown. Caps and gowns are required for participation in graduation exercises.
4. Important Notice: A 3x5 card with your name printed on it will be on your chair. Graduates should make changes at rehearsal on how you want your name read and pronounced at the ceremony.
5. Line-up: Graduates will be lined up in alphabetical order.
6. Pictures: A professional photographer will take pictures of each graduate as he/she receives their diploma. You will be able to purchase these photographs. Campus Candids will mail a proof to you some time during the summer. Picture company information: Campus Candids, PO Box 1485 Davis, CA 95617 (800)453-0335.
7. Practice: Practice for graduation will be at 10:35 a.m. on Thursday, June 5 and at 10:35 a.m. on Friday, June 6 on the football field. Do not bring cap and gown to practice. Students failing to report promptly for these practices may not be permitted to participate in the graduation exercise. Permission to miss these practices will be granted only under the most extenuating circumstances by Mr. Faulkner. Plan now to attend and allow enough time. The length of the practice will be determined by the cooperation of the class.
8. Senior Panoramic Picture: A panoramic picture will be taken of the entire senior class in the stadium. Seniors are to report to the stadium by 10:00 a.m. on Friday, June 6. The cost for the panoramic picture is $20.00. An envelope will be provided for you today to turn in checks payable to Creative Imaging or bring cash to the A-Building Office only by Friday, May 23. The panoramic will be handed out when you pick up your diploma on graduation day.
9. WE WILL ISSUE TICKETS FOR GRADUATION THIS YEAR. Graduates will be issued 8 tickets each. If you do not need all 8 tickets, please return extra tickets to Mrs. Magner in the Principal’s office. Seating is limited. A pamphlet will be given to seniors during an advisory in early May to request extra tickets. Wheel chair seating is available. Please notify the principal’s secretary by Wednesday, May 14 if arrangements need to be made for a family member with special needs. Tickets will be given out at the senior meeting on Thursday, May 29.
10. Parking: With the added number of guests that will be attending the ceremony, it is highly suggested that you carpool.
11. Guests and family members are to remain in the bleacher areas during the ceremony.
III. SENIOR CLEARANCE:
1. Clearance Slips: Clearance slips will be given to seniors at the senior meeting during advisory on Thursday, May 29. Extra clearance slips will be available in the building offices.
2. You must have all signatures on your clearance slip and it must be turned in to your counselor’s office no later than 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 5. Seniors must have their counselor’s authorization in order to participate in graduation and receive their diploma.
3. Diplomas: Seniors filled out diploma information before school started at the Walk-Thru. If you did not complete this information, your name will appear on your diploma as it does on the Aeries screen. Graduates will receive their diploma case only on the stage. After the ceremony, diplomas will be available to graduates at the B Snack Bar, or may be picked up from the Principal’s Office during the summer. Students who exercise misconduct during the ceremony can be removed and will have their diploma held until a conference takes place with the Principal.
4. Library Books: All seniors must be clear with the Library. If you have questions regarding your status, please check with the Librarian.
5. Textbook: All seniors must clear all textbooks and pay textbooks bills before they can receive a diploma.
6. Student Bills: Seniors must clear all bills before they can receive a diploma. You may clear bills during school lunch time and after school. Your diploma will be pulled on Thursday, June 5 if you have not paid your bills!
IV. DISCIPLINE CLEARANCE:
1. In-School Suspension: Seniors must have all assigned discipline requirements met before clearance will be given. All discipline requirements must be served by May 30. Seniors that do not have discipline requirements met will not get clearance to receive a diploma.
V. TRANSCRIPTS/REPORT CARDS: Up to 3 transcripts will be sent to colleges without cost to the students. Students should see the registrar in the Administration Building to request transcripts. Report cards will be mailed on or about June 10, 2014.