Liberty High School Attendance Policy
If a student is tardy 3 or more times per week, they will be called in for disciplinary action by their Den administrator.
The following is the progressive discipline as it relates to tardies PER QUARTER:
1st Disciplinary Action = 30 min. detention
2nd Disciplinary Action = 1 hr. detention
3rd Disciplinary Action = Saturday School
4th Disciplinary Action = On Campus Suspension
*Note: Students will only be sent to their Den for a tardy pass 1st and 5th periods. All other periods students must report to their assigned class and teacher will record tardy.
- Two calls are made each day by the attendance office to parents to report and verify absences.
- Students who are off campus are assigned 4 periods of lunch detention and parents will be contacted.
- 8+ period truancies in a quarter—student is placed on the non-participation list and assigned Wednesday School during quarter break or Saturday School.
- Truancies may be cleared through 4 hour Wednesday School during quarter break or Saturday School.
Administrative Action for Excessive Truancies:
School Attendance review Board (SARB) Process:
- T1 letter (3 full day truancies or 12 period truancies). Sent at 2 week intervals.
- T2 letter
- School Attendance Review Team (SART) meeting with student and parent. SART meetings held every Thursday. Student will be placed on an Attendance Contract as part of the SART process.
- SARB Panel at the Brentwood Police Department.