Week 1: April 6 - April 10
Task: Sculpt Creatively with Positive Words
Goal of this project: To inspire people during hard times
1. Select a word. Do you need help deciding on a word?
- Search for positive words or go to: https://www.enchantedlearning.com/wordlist/positivewords.shtml
2. Sculpt word in a “creative” (unconventional) fashion.
- Use items around your house to write out and design around the word.
- Use items such as rocks, sticks, dirt, toys, aluminum foil, food, etc.
3.Take a picture of your word.
- Use filters on your phone when taking pictures to change the how the image looks.
4. Explaing your artwork.
- Email me: Click here to email me.
- Attach a picture of your creative Word Sculpture
- Write a paragraph (5-7 sentences) explaining what inspired your Word Sculpture
- What word did you select and why did you choose the embellishment you did?
- How is your design motivational to you and how might other see your work as motivational?
Contact Info: Please email me (email@example.com) if you have any questions, I will do my best to answer you between 10 am and 2 pm, Monday - Friday.
Note: If you don’t have internet access, use the attached page and draw your word big and creatively. Use unique lines, color, texture, etc. Be creative!
Submit your work to your Den if you cannot send this to me via email.
Examples of word sculptures:
Sculpture on the Lachlan Sculpture trail.
Sculpture in Olympic Park in London, 2012
Douglas Brett, San Francisco Sculpture Bronze, 2013