Students will NOT be allowed on the field without this form. Please note it's a school permission form for a field trip even though we are on campus, because school has not started, we will be treating this like an on campus field trip.
Heat safety is our #1 priority. As you know, it is HOT in Brentwood. We WILL be outside in the morning hours.
1. Get your child outside now! Walks or bike rides in the heat. If they are inside all summer they will struggle to be outside at camp!
* Be sure to put sunscreen on prior to camp. A good quality sunscreen. Hats are also encouraged.
2. Two days prior to camp! Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate! They need to drink a lot of water prior to camp. Waiting until the day of is too late. Students will be given frequent breaks to get in the shade and hydrate.
3. Lightweight and Light Colored clothing is BEST. Athletic wear is required. *no jeans/jean shorts. Think of PE attire
4. Send your child with a GOOD water bottle. We will have water for refilling, but they are required to have a bottle.
* here are few suggested bottles or water packs:
They need at least a 1/2 gallon water bottle with them. You can use anything you have you do not need the ones linked above. These are just suggestions.
Here are the recommendations from the California Athletic Association for heat:
(yes, we are athletes)
If you are in the medical field and would like to volunteer during our morning hours at camp to supervise students in the heat please let me know. We will be sending out additional volunteer opportunities next week.